Sunday, March 05, 2017
Northpark Mall incidents, students' deaths top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts for week
That incident occurred toward the end of the week and was followed by the tragic death of Joplin High School senior Spencer Nicodemus in an accident at Irving Elementary.
Inside Joplin's number one post this week also was about the tragic death of a Joplin High School senior, R. J. Daniels.
But those stories were far from the only ones that interested readers this week. The week also featured the shooting of Jasper County deputy Nolan Murray, a trial date being set for Jarub Baird of Carthage, and other stories that might have topped the list in other weeks.
The Turner Report
1. Gunshot reported at Northpark Mall unconfirmed, but arrests are made
2. Remembering Spencer Nicodemus
3. Joplin High School senior Spencer Nicodemus killed in accident at Irving Elementary
4. St. Louis man accused of shooting Jasper County deputy is convicted heroin dealer with long rap sheet
5. Cynthia Davis: Trump the most Christian, honest president we've had since Reagan
6. Trial date set for Jarub Baird on meth conspiracy, money laundering charges
7. Judge adds more conditions to Bobby Landis' probation
8. Missouri GOP: McCaskill lying in attempt to discredit Sessions
9. Local Democrats plan to greet Billy Long Saturday
10. Bond set at $250,000 for man charged with shooting Jasper County deputy
1. Joplin teen shot to death, investigation continues
2. Carthage Police Department: Do you know this woman?
3. Carthage Police need help identifying these two
4. Barton County Jail inmate dies after apparent hanging
5. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
6. Jasper County Marriage Licenses
7. Driver injured as high winds blow truck over near Jasper
8. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests
9. Joplin Police Department Arrests March 1-2
10. Joplin Police Department Arrests March 2-3
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. Spencer Nicodemus
2. Jennifer Nelson
3. Larry Cassatt
4. Shane Nunn
5. Boyd Stogdill
6. Elaine Harper
7. Jerry Martin
8. Gene Willet
9. John Wagaman
10. Karen DePung
Day after day, week after week, for the past 13+ years, the Turner Report has continued to bring news and commentary to the Joplin area that cannot be found in any other area media outlet. Since November 2013, the additions of Inside Joplin and Inside Joplin Obituaries have increased readers' access to important stories and records material, as well as providing complete obituaries that do not charge exorbitant amounts to grieving families.
In recent months, new or repurposed blogs have been added providing access to news in the Springfield and Branson areas, as well as offering daily reporting from numerous sources on national government, politics, and courts, as well as education news and issues.
While the Joplin Globe offers subscriptions at somewhere around $200 per year, you can help keep the Turner Report/Inside Joplin blogs continue to grow and provide readers with access to more and more important and interesting information by subscribing or making a contribution.
Subscription prices are $30 for one year, $3 a month, or $1 per week. Or you can make contributions for any amount, large or small. This can be done either by using the PayPal buttons below, or if you prefer not to use PayPal or a credit card, you can send your subscription or contribution to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801.
Thanks for reading.