Wednesday, August 29, 2018

McPherson responds to Turner Report: Post was "a new low, even for you"

A few moments ago, I received this response on my Facebook page to my Wednesday evening post about Judd McPherson. It is being run in its entirety, unedited.

Randy,

While I usually ignore it when someone tells me that you have written yet another blog about me, the story that you wrote last night that stated that I said that “It is possible that people who have crossed me and me my family might have trouble getting jobs, might be tossed out of restaurants and just might get tickets” as if it was a threat is a new low, even for you.

It has nothing to do with “threatening” the “people that crossed me” or people that don’t believe the truth about what actually happened that night. I’m not acting on what the public’s opinion is of what happened that night. I don’t care if people think that Devyn and I should be jail.

Earlier post: Judd McPherson warns people on enemies list: I have a large circle of very influential friends

What I care about is people directly reaching out to me and my family with threats of harm (including death threats) and telling Devyn that she should “just go ahead and kill herself” on Jayda’s birthday.



I am certain that neither you nor any of your followers can relate to agony of having someone suggest that on the second most horrific day of your life, and I hope that you never do. The ones that have targeted us with threats and suggested suicide are the people that I posted about. I’m certain that you have read my posts and already know that. The posts are still up for those that want to see them, except for a few that Facebook took down as "not meeting Facebook community standards" since they showed the screenshots encouraging suicide.

I absolutely stand behind my original statement that the people that made those physical threats and suggestions of suicide probably won’t get hired by my friends. Likewise, I would NEVER hire someone that did the same to one of my friends.



Like most businesses, we check the social media of the potential employee before they are hired. The same goes for serving them at my restaurant. I don’t need the business so badly that I would serve someone that would say something so cold-hearted and cruel to a grieving mother, regardless of what they thought might have happened to the deceased child. 

You know that I was a police officer to pay my way through undergraduate school. I wouldn’t have given a warning to someone that had threatened to “put a bullet” in a grieving mother or suggest that she kill herself. Ever. 

Despite what you suggest in your article, I NEVER said that people would get a ticket because they didn’t agree with me. I said that some might not get the warning that they hoped for when they got pulled over because they had acted so unbelievably inhumane. 

As a police officer, I had the same discretion as the officers on the road today. Much of the discretion for warnings that I gave was based on my assessment of that person’s character. It is simply a matter of being accountable as a human being for the way that we treat others. The statements that I posted about were not a “difference of opinion” or simply not agreeing with me or my family, but rather encouraging suicide and threatening us with harm and death.



It is a shame that you support those cruel acts against my family, even as much as you obviously despise us. I have ignored more than any parent / grandparent could be expected to, but there is a line of the minimum standards of human decency that was definitely crossed by each of the people that I wrote about. The fact that I am an attorney doesn’t take away from the fact that I am a father that will not tolerate that level of threats or cruelty against my family. 



At no time did I say in my post that I would use my position to harm others or see to it that they got a traffic ticket. I simply pointed out that cruelty like that is remembered, and eventually catches up with those that act in such a way. 

We live in a pathetically cruel society that is losing touch with the basic principles of compassion and empathy with each passing day. Part of the problem is those that think that death threats are an “opinion”, or think that encouraging the suicide of a grieving mother is “disagreeing on facts”. You are clearly part of the segment of society that supports those thoughts. That is a shame.

Despite the title of your article, I don't have an "enemies list". I do admittedly have a large circle of influential friends. Business owners, business managers, police officers and countless other walks of life. So do you. 

The people that made the threats to my family and suggested suicide should be concerned with the statements being exposed by ANYONE with a large circle of friends. 

Even people that aren’t friends of mine are very good at remembering the names of those that could reflect poorly on their business, or act in a heartless and cruel fashion. I would hope that me or anyone else exposing some of the hatred and threats would encourage people to simply be decent human beings. That was the theme and purpose of my post. Being a decent human being is quickly becoming a lost art. 

You claim that you admit when you are wrong. I hope that when the truth finally comes out, that you are as zealous in your support of us as you have been in your entirely slanted attacks of us. However, I hope that you can understand why I’m not holding my breath.

Respectfully,

Judd McPherson

***


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Methinks you doth protest too much!

Anonymous said...

Don't know a whole lot about this case or what the outcome is going to be. I do however have to disagree with him on one point; this isn't a new low for you, you consistently write low brow garbage and attacking articles.

Anonymous said...

What is "his" restaurant?

Anonymous said...

Well apparently he wants to call the people who do not like his "wall of shame" hypocritical. When he's called out on what he's doing he doesn't like it at all which in his own words would make him "hypocritical". My problem with his statement here is that all Randy did was word for use Judd own post, HIS own words for a story. Did not change a word. Judds statement here actually twist Rands words and twist his story. The part where Judd mentions that Randy supports the people that are sending his family these aweful messages. If you look at Randy comment on this original post, he clearly stated that he doesn't agree with what the "wall of shame" people are doing to the McPherson family. So when I see Randy being straight up and there is definitely no twisting of anything in his article and then you see Judd commenting and making excuses for wrong behavior and twisting things while he's doing it, I'd say Randy is who I would respect more. Judd, 2 wrongs doesn't make it right again. Bullies will ALWAYS try and turn their own wrongs against the people they are trying to hurt to cover up their mistakes.

Anonymous said...

Then don't read his articles. The same thing to Judd. Stop reading articles you don't like and stop reading posts and messages on social media. Sounds like you both have some growing up to do.

Anonymous said...

@5:15 I believe he owns a Garfield's in Branson.

Anonymous said...

Judd just sit down and hush up. Your world is about to be rocked!

Anonymous said...

I have heard and seen some of the attacks on the family, like he said keep opinions to yourself,wait and see facts.move on, deepest sympathy for Judd & his family.

Steve Holmes said...

I went to the source: McPherson's own post. I believe a normal, sensible person without a side in this fight, as I am, would read his words as threats to keep people from getting jobs and to issue tickets where warnings might be given otherwise. McPherson's defense doesn't help. He seems to believe the people who criticize him are openly crazy and malicious and therefore would perform poorly in a job interview or raise suspicion among a cop in a traffic stop. How would anyone tell is those situations who was on Judd's enemies list? Do they wear t-shirts that say, "Devyn Should Be in Jail?"

Anonymous said...

Judd’s former partner, Dan Whitworth, was the attorney sentenced in 2014 to 2 years in federal prison for stealing from his clients. There are similarities in the two men’s characters, Judd immediately leased out Whitworth’s office to Tom Loraine to interview witnesses in the Loraine Report that Randy Turner has reported extensively on. Judd is an opportunist with little moral restriction to inhibit his actions against friend or foe. Judd thought it hilarious that his partner only spent 2 years in prison, but several desperate tornado victims defrauded FEMA for $2500 and got sentenced to 5 years in prison. The fact is his daughter and him will walk away unscathed by karma, justice is blind, deaf, and dumb.

Anonymous said...

Low brow and slanted articles is the truth for sure.

I. C. Notting said...

Looks like there isn't any there there.

Anonymous said...

I think Judd's "Wall Of Shane" is having the opposite effect of what he intended. Since I've never read most of the posts about Devyn before all it does is bring negative attention to her. You think maybe the comments have some truth to them. It makes Judd look unprofessional & petty. Even for a lawyer which comes with it's own bad reputation.

Anonymous said...

Judd's all excited & says his "Wall Of Shame" idiocy was worth it. One of Devyn's worst offenders saw the light & apologized. She's not sorry. She's just scared of him coming after her with a lawsuit or worse.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean when a policeman pulls you over, he then goes back to his car and goes on Facebook to see if you are a good person or bad person. No wonder we are short on patrol officers if they are taking the time to do that on every stop. My take is they are not doing that and it only makes a difference of whether you get a ticket or not by the severity of you violation and your driving history. If I were a JPD officer, I would be offended that he (Mr. McPherson) even mentioned them in his scenario of possible retribution.

Shannon C said...

This is why I don't think Jalen will EVER get a fair trial, which is his constitutional right! His biggest mistake was to believe he could trust these people that he considered family! Everyone has an opinion on this case no matter which side you may lean towards. From the night this happened, Devyn started planting "seeds" on social media. It's been said time and time again that the family KNEW from the time they left Joplin, they all KNEW this was NOT accidental! We were all lead to believe that this was an illness and that Jayda needed prayers to get through this. I'm sorry, but if I knew it was NOT an illness and NOT accidental I sure as hell would not be riding to KC with Jalen or pulling strings to get him identified as Jayda's "father" so he could be in Jayda's hospital room if I knew he was the one that did this to my child! I DON'T know what happened but from the get go, this has just never felt right to me! I know this kind of thing happens every day, if you have money or power or both you get special treatment & the benefit of doubt. I don't think anyone will ever know what really happened that night but my gut tells me the truth will have nothing to do with the outcome of this case!! From what I know of Jalen and his family, I, myself really believe that he did not cause the injuries that led to Jayda's death. Yes, he was in the house, whatever consequence that brings I am sure he has more than paid for in the amount of time he has already spent in jail. Right to a fair trial?? He will never get it

Anonymous said...

When Devyn was posting pictures of Jayda's bruises & injuries on FB & saying Jayda complained of hurting all over what did she think might be going on? Did it occur to her that the thug she let move in with her might be responsible? She's not stupid. I never heard any of her FB friends or family address that elephant in the room. She deleted those posts like it never happened. It was either Jalen or her abusing that child. She blamed it on something mysterious & look at what happened.

Anonymous said...

Oh god, you know that profile is fake right? That was Judd apologizing to himself. That profile was made the same day Judd's second profile was made and 2 of her 6 friends are Judd.. come on. ��

Anonymous said...

I think it is quite evident that Randy Turners article about Judd's egotistical post of his influential friends doing him favors not only sounded threatening to the general public but also to the police department as reflected in the comment section following the article that came from one of their own stating they would never do him a favor by giving a warning instead of a ticket.
Randy Turner did nothing but repost Judd's public facebook post. It must have struck a cord with Judd that made him back track and try to justify his actions.
From the very beginning, I thought something was off about this. Mostly because of Devyn's actions and social media posts but also because of the way her parents (mostly Judd) handled the situation. Although I do think the cards are stacked against Jalen, I pray that one juror sees through this conspiracy. It only takes one person. The mere fact that Devyn stayed with Jalen after Jayla's death, even contacting his family after he was arrested to make sure he was okay is pretty telling in itself. If my baby had a detached retina and I knew I didn't abuse her, I sure as hell would know who did. Yet she continued sleeping in the same bed as this guy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.