Saturday, July 13, 2019

10-year-old Troy Onstott takes his first steps since accident

More positive news on the recovery of 10-year-old Troy Onstott, son of T. J. and Jill Onstott, Lamar, who was injured in a UTV accident 10 days ago.

In today's Facebook post, Jill Onstott reports that her son took his first steps since the accident and also relates some other achievements.

Day 10:

What a blessing to crawl in bed with him today. Snuggling up did both of us some good. He finally relaxed and we took a nap.

Troy continues to surprise us at therapy. 


Today they STOOD him up (very much supported of course) but even took a couple steps. Just 10 days out, it blows me away. 

Some other little (BIG) achievements were...turning pages in a book, pointing to the right colors or objects when asked, giving high fives and knuckles, thumbs down for no, he placed his fingers on a baseball if he were to throw a two-seam fast ball. He even watched his favorite fishing channel on YouTube, cousin Nolan’s idea 










God- thank you. A thousands times, thank you. 

I know there are still doubters and non-believers, even after witnessing all the mountains you’ve moved for my Troy. I challenge those to sit with us as Troy’s day unfolds. They will leave a believer, I promise.

Lord, I ask that you continue to give us the strength for victory. I pray that you give us the words to say to my babies tomorrow as we finally get to wrap our arms around Thayer and Elliot. We miss our littles so much it hurts. I know this will be good for all of us to be together but I’m feeling anxious for Troy, and also for when they have to leave us again. Please Lord have your hands all over this. Let them understand something that’s impossible for them to understand. I am trusting you wholeheartedly. For real man! I love you God and will follow you wherever you lead me.
AMEN

I was reminded of this song by several of you today, and it happens to be one of my favorites.

RECKLESS LOVE:
There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won’t tear down
Coming after me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
And I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God



1 comment:

Mark Bridges said...

Jill is from a fantastic family. She is an Elbert; they are very well known in the Seneca area. My daughter played sports with Mandy and Jill. I understand that T.J.’s family in Lamar are a wonderful people. It does my heart good to see how the great people of this area have come together in love to bring Troy before the Throne of Grace in Prayer. Thank You So Much!