Wednesday, July 17, 2019

10-year-old Troy Onstott encounters obstacles in recovery process, works to overcome them

Ten-year-old Troy Onstott, son of T. J. and Jill Onstott, Lamar, has many obstacles to face as he recovers at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City following a UTV accident.

His mother continues to movingly tell the story in her latest Facebook post:

Today was far from easy. It was hard. And there were tears. 

I can’t imagine the pain and frustration when your body just won’t cooperate. Well...

“nothing worth having comes easy”

And Troyboy, your dad is right there with you every step of the way, holding your head up when it gets too heavy to carry alone. He does not miss a thing, not a single moment. Just reach out, he’s there buddy.

[And when life gets too heavy to carry alone, God is there every step of the way. He won’t miss a thing, not a single moment. All you have to do is reach out to him]

-Troy no longer needs a medical team, today he graduated to the Rehab floor! 










-He just learned to swallow yesterday. And today, he spoon fed himself applesauce. And then TJ and I cried.  Seriously, like babies. What is this kid doing to us? Crying over APPLESAUCE!!!  That’s just one step closer to removing that tube.

One of my best friends shared something with me tonight that was sent to her from a mom who went through something similar and this is something she read that helped her.

Prayer for Perseverance - 

I am tired.
Ironically, it is in my exhaustion that I find strength I did not know I had. When I am bent so far I think I will snap in two, I have no where else to turn but up. I see my God - the One who whispers
“Be strong & courageous for I am with you".
Joshua 1:9

He does not promise ease; however, He does promise life. And it is this chapter of my life that has changed me. With new eyes, I see the things that matter. And so - I push forward. I do the hard things. Even if I cannot count it all easy. I can count it all joy.

God - you know our hearts are wide open and you know our needs. I pray that Troy can find trust in his right side and the strength to use it. Please help his brain to find that new connection to take that next step. Thank you for the daily miracles you continue to show us and Lord thank you for staying with us every minute of the day. We love you!

AMEN

No comments: