Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Turner signing Saturday at the Book Guy

I will be at The Book Guy, 708 E. 15th Street, Joplin 10 a.m. to 12 noon signing copies of my books (and hopefully, selling a few of them).

The signing is part of The Book Guy's gigantic two-day ninth anniversary sale.

The sale begins when the doors open 10 a.m. Friday and will start again at 9 a.m. Saturday.

You can buy any used book in the store and get another one free.

An outdoor tent will be set up in which you can fill up a bag with books for only $5.

I will have my most recent books, Lost Angels: The Murders of Rowan Ford and Doug Ringler and Newton County Memories, as well as the Joplin Tornado books, available.








I am having a $5 special on several of my books for anyone who has been one of my students, teaching colleagues, co-workers or who worked or has worked in the Joplin or Diamond school districts, or the parents of any of my former students.

The special also extends to anyone who has worked for me and with me during my newspaper years, anyone who played baseball with me, was coached by me or who played in a game I umpired.

The special will include the following books

--Let Teachers Teach

-Classroom Confidential

-No Child Left Alive

-Scars from the Tornado

-Small Town News

-Devil's Messenger

-Sports Talk Memories

-Newspaper Days

-The Turner Report

See you there.

No comments: