Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Springfield Police: Father murdered children before standoff began

A day-long standoff at the Lakeshore Apartments ended with the suicide of the former Highway Patrol communications officer. The children, aged 2 and 4, who were in the room with him, had been murdered before the standoff began, according to Springfield Police.

Police officers say William "Bill" R. Williams, 51, shot 4-year-old Brodie Williams, and his sister 2-year-old Marley Williams on Sunday night and then turned the gun on himself Monday during what became a 22-hour standoff with a special response team at the Lake Shore apartment complex on the southwest side of town.

"I think there are a lot of unanswered questions," Police Chief Paul Williams said.

The accompanying videos are the complete Springfield Police Department press conference and KOLR's coverage. The photo is also from KOLR.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sad!

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what happened to make him snap like that. Cuz apparently he was one of "the good guys" at one time. Sad to hear. May God hold u tight little ones. R. I. P

Anonymous said...

I lived in the apartment right next to him. Our closets lined up. I did not know there was a murder here but kept feeling something. Yep. Those poor babies. I’ve moved into a different unit and now I can stare at the apartments and pray. So many ‘bad things’ here. Bringing a priest to bless grounds. Can’t believe the manager didn’t inform me of this. They do not rent out that unit. Those poor babies. And their mom has to live here on earth without them. I feel the boy all the time and have heard his name before I found out. Im different this way. Just please pray for their mom. 🙏