Wednesday, April 22, 2015

John Ford leaving Neosho Daily News

Neosho Daily News Managing Editor John Ford, a staple of southwest Missouri journalism for the past two decades, is moving on.

Ford will stay with GateHouse Media, moving from the Daily to the Miami News-Record.

Ford posted the following message on his Facebook page today:

I am leaving the Neosho Daily News after just over 20 years. I'm taking a position in Miami, Okla., as a paginator (newspaper page designer) and go for training on Friday. I have enjoyed my stint with the Daily and growing from a young reporter to a middle-aged editor, but feel this will provide a better opportunity for me with less stress — hopefully, a lot less stress. I'll still reside in Neosho, so you'll see me around town. There are many people at the Daily I'll miss, but I'm looking forward to this new venture and adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I think a column..may be weekly is in order...just to keep the mafia in line.

Pat Payne said...

I second that idea for a weekly column. John's columns are always entertaining and worth reading. Surely that wouldn't be too stressful! Congratulations, John!

Chad Stebbins said...

John Ford is as fine a man you'll ever meet. And a darn good journalist as well.

Anonymous said...

Similar to John Hacker, John Ford is an honest, hard-working and highly-respected journalist. A great, great news man and an even better man.