Thursday, July 05, 2018

Newton County Memories signing set for Saturday, July 21 at Always Buying Books

The first Joplin signing for my new book Newton County Memories is scheduled for 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 21, at Always Buying Books.

I appreciate the positive reaction the book has received so far and the comments I have heard from those who have read it. As I noted earlier, this book was a labor of love, as I had the opportunity to not only collect stories I have written about growing up in the Newtonia/Granby/East Newton/Neosho area, but also added new stories about other people whose paths crossed mine over the past six decades, including former Neosho Daily News sports editor and East Newton High School graduate Dean Keeling and Helen Hildebrand, who died earlier this year.

Those who grew up in that area will remember the Neosho Square, the Bookmobile, the Brown Derby, Reta's and the other places that are recalled, as well as the people who made living in Newton County so memorable during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Those who didn't will have a chance to learn about a wonderful place and a wonderful time.

My other books will be available that day, including the Joplin Tornado books, my books on education and my novels.

And there is about a 100 percent chance that I will be giving away medium, large and extra-large Turner Report t-shirts.

Mark it on your calendar! Saturday, July 21, 1 p.m to 3 p.m. at Always Buying Books.

If you are not going to be in town that day or you don't live in this area, you can order Newton County Memories in paperback or e-book format through the Amazon links below.

No comments: