The new coach will replace Chris Shields, who held the job from 2011-2014 and was reportedly offered the choice of resigning or being fired.
One part of the ad stipulates that the coach "will regularly work in a school environment that is noisy and active." This will prevent anyone from applying who thought he would wind up at one of the schools where the football programs are quiet and lack movement.
Position: Head Football Coach
Term: Supplemental Position
Location: Joplin High School
Reports to: Athletic Director
Joplin Schools is looking for a highly qualified and successful Head football coach to develop a winning football program. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Head football coach with multi-year winning records. Interested individuals need to have, or be eligible to obtain, a Missouri teaching certificate. Certification in physical education is preferred. This is a full-time nine (9) month position with employment beginning August 2015.
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district and state guidelines.
Supervise students at all times
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The individual who holds this position will regularly work in a school environment that is noisy and active.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.