Sunday, August 04, 2019

Another day of positives for 10-year-old Troy Onstott

Jill Onstott offers another day of positive events in the recovery process of her 10-year-old son Troy as he continues his recovery at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.

Her latest Facebook update is printed below:

Day 32:

I have nothing but positive words to say about this boy.

Besides all the hard work he jammed in to 2 hrs of therapy, he asked to go for a walk after company left. Well his walk turned into a DANCE OFF! I apologize in advance for my awful singing (if that’s what you even call it) and giggling but this kid surprises us daily, you really never know what he’s going to do. 

And I thank God for that because what a FUN BOY we have! Oh my goodness, we’re so blessed. We literally have to tell him to SLOW DOWN! We can barely keep up with him now

I also have to mention some other big (little) miracles that aren’t pictured. Troy has been working hard on his fine motor skills with that right hand. And yesterday he tied his own shoes. It takes him a bit but it’s a good start. 

Also- when we go for our walks, he makes sure to hold the doors open for me every single time. And when we get on and off an elevator, he makes sure to hold those doors open too until everyone is off. And I thank God for that because what a SWEET BOY we have.







God- I go to sleep and wake up every day in this hospital PRAISING your name. And I get so excited for the day ahead knowing you have complete control of that day and all I have to do is show up (and maybe sing a little). 

That is an incredible feeling. You complete me in every way God and I don’t doubt for a second that you will complete Troy too. Complete him in every way. I pray God that you continue to strengthen his fine motors skills and strengthen his mind for the connections that are still missing but still to come. Lord I just THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU. I NEED YOU. I PRAISE YOU.
AMEN

No comments: