Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Troy Onstott removed from ventilator, continues to improve

Improvements continue to 10-year-old Troy Onstott, son of T. J. and Jill Onstott, Lamar, as he recovers at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City from a UTV accident Wednesday.

Each day, his mother has provided updates at around midnight, informing those who have been hoping and praying for Troy's recovery.

The latest update, printed below, was posted 11 hours ago:

Day 6:

It was another day of miracles.

Troy is off the ventilator!!! The c-pap machine is simply to wean him off as he gains more control of his breathing. He doesn’t necessarily love the new mask but other than that he’s handling the transition well.

I never thought I’d be praising God tonight for showing me a yawn, not just any yawn, Troy’s yawn! This whole time I’ve been praying and pleading to see Troy’s eyes again (and I’ll continue to do so) but never thought to ask for a boring ole’ yawn. So thank you Jesus for giving me the unexpected, unasked for little gesture that I will no longer take for granted. Shoot I didn’t even know that I knew “Troy’s yawn” until now.











He is starting to move his body more, mostly still his left side but he was starting to show us more from his right side tonight too. He definitely has some purposeful movements but some seem to be more reactive for now. 


The MRI report confirmed with his injuries why his right side is less active. But only God’s report matters!!! And TJ and I will be here to constantly remind Troy of that. 

We have a LONG road ahead of us, we know that. It will be hard, and painful, scary, and frustrating, exhausting, and demanding...but like my sister said, its NOT a dead-end road. God promises that.

Specific prayer request: Troy is less sedated now and is very restless. And this restless boy is STRONG when agitated (if you can imagine). Please pray for Troy’s comfort and rest while waking up to all the new and confusing challenges put upon him.










Mom fail: I can’t believe I have failed to mention Troy’s little sister (Elliot 5) and baby brother (Thayer 3.5) who are at home waiting to see their big brother that they adore so much. Their world has been turned upside down and they’re not old enough to understand why we’re not home yet. But their aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends are taking great care of them, even letting them sleep in their own home. During a time like this, the comfort of your own home is priceless.

God- I continue to rely on you. To fully trust in your plan of healing our broken boy. I know that Faith requires giving you our most precious things. And lord, oh my goodness, I give you my precious Troy and trust you in ways I never thought I could. I feel that you are using Troy for something bigger but God, this breaks my heart. Help TJ and I to release our burdens of worry on you. Help us to be brave enough for Troy. 

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.”
Isaiah 41:13
Amen




No comments: